Your Vote Matters is a campaign from the Missouri Hospital Association to empower and educate Missourians about the importance of electing candidates who support Missouri hospitals.
Help your hospital employees understand the importance of voting in both state and federal elections this November. With more than 150,000 employees and thousands of volunteers, hospital employees are in a powerful position to make a difference. We hope the following resources help engage hospital staff to become advocates for better health care in Missouri.
There’s no time to waste. The general election is just around the corner.
Dates to Remember:
- Deadline to register to vote: Wednesday, Oct. 7
- Deadline to request an absentee or mail-in ballot: Wednesday, Oct. 21
- Ballots must be received by: 7 p.m. on Election Day
For more information on how, when and where to vote, see the additional resources provided below.
Voter Registration Resource
New this year, MHA partnered with VotER to connect our members to resources that make it easier for patients to participate in the democratic process.
Hospital Employee Resources
Questions for 2020 General Election Candidates
- What is your top priority for improving health care?
- What actions do you propose to support Missouri’s hospitals and rural health care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic?
- If elected, how will you ensure Medicaid expansion, as approved by voters on the primary election ballot, is implemented by July 2021?
- What role should state government play in promoting an adequate supply of health care practitioners in our state?
- What should state government do to protect the jobs and other economic benefits hospitals bring to their communities?
Sample Email to Staff
It can be helpful to remind employees that elections matter and their vote counts. Download the sample letter to employees below.
Sample Social Posts
This November, we encourage #MoHospitals employees to make their voices heard. Your voice matters, and your #vote could strengthen #Missouri health care. #ElectionDay is Nov. 3 & the last day to register to vote is Oct. 7.
With more than 150,000 employees & thousands of volunteers, #MoHospitals can make a difference. Health care workers are in a powerful position — both with their votes & with their voices — to advocate for better health care in #Missouri. Don’t forget to vote on Nov. 3!
Calling all #MoHospitals employees, physicians, trustees, vendors and volunteers: Make your voices heard for better health care in #Missouri at the polls on Nov. 3! Your voice matters and your vote matters.
Because of #COVID19, there are expanded options to vote in 2020 – in-person, by mail or absentee. Research which option is best for you and make a plan to vote on Nov. 3!
Are you registered to vote in Missouri? Check your registration status today – the deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election is Oct. 7.