The MHA Health Institute is a not-for-profit corporation that is affiliated with MHA. Formed in 1965, MHI coordinates hospital educational programming to meet the educational requirements of hospital staff and assists in developing educational and scholarship programs designed for health care workforce expansion. MHI also supports research and other projects promoting improvements in quality, patient safety, and population health. Various associations of health care employee groups organized under MHI promote networking and education for their respective groups.
Affiliates, Business Services & Partnerships
Understanding the changing health care environment is essential to MHA’s shared success with its member hospitals.
MHA is committed to delivering the products and services hospitals need when they need them. We are an organization that is dynamic, innovative, and responsive to the varied needs of Missouri’s hospitals. Our goal is to continually develop business intelligence tools and resources to help hospitals understand the landscape and provide them with first-mover advantage as changes occur in the system.
MHA Management Services Corporation is a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary of MHA. MSC develops and provides high-quality, market-driven programs and services to hospitals in Missouri and nationwide, on a self-sustaining basis, to enhance hospitals’ effectiveness.
Background Check Advantage® is the one-stop-shop for all background screening services. The reporting program for Background Check Advantage is fully accessible through a secure online site, including order entry, results reporting, and various management reports. Clients may customize many features in their online accounts, and the results from their requests are printed from the web in one concise report. Background Check Advantage prides itself on providing exceptional customer service and free on-site training, as well as fast turnaround and competitive pricing.
The Hospital Industry Data Institute provides timely access to data and information services for hospitals to support their strategic planning, advocacy, and health policy initiatives. With more than 30 years of experience in data collection, HIDI’s staff continues to build on its expertise in data collection, analytics and reporting. This not-for-profit organization, founded by MHA, continues to serve hospitals’ increasing needs for high-quality data resources to more than 1,400 hospitals nationwide.
Quality Works®, a subsidiary of MHA, is available to work in partnership with members of the hospital staff to provide technical and adaptive support services for a nominal fee.
- Hospital-Based TeamSTEPPS® Training
- Community Health Needs Assessments and Improvement Plan Services
- Other requested customized services as appropriate
*Services are based on available expertise.
APS is a health care services organization owned by MHA and the Kansas Hospital Association. More than 300 Kansas and Missouri health care organizations rely on APS to share best practices and ideas for improvement, solve diverse operational challenges and save time and money across the health care supply chain. APS partners with members to expand purchasing power, reduce expenses, enhance revenues, and streamline operations.
Why partner with APS?
- Access to regional and national contracts
- Award-winning, dedicated local client service representatives who work hand-in-hand with you to enhance revenue
- Best pricing on medical/surgical products and pharmacy
- Robust capital equipment program
- Deep discounts with IDN agreements
- No-cost access to a wide variety of workforce solutions through the APS Staffing Program
- APS returns a portion of its revenue to its members
- APS helps fund MHA’s innovative services and educational opportunities
Comprehensive Workforce Solutions
Through the ease of one contract and a turn-key process, the APS Staffing Program provides personnel resources from nearly 50 professional staffing firms. The program helps solve staffing shortages with temporary and permanent workforce solutions for both clinical and nonclinical positions.
To learn more about APS and how it can help strengthen your organization, visit the APS website, or call 913-327-8730.
Through its companies, Healthcare Services Group provides essential insurance coverage for health care providers, including professional and general liability, property and casualty, workers’ compensation, and employee benefits. The companies include the following.
- Missouri Hospital Plan – the leading writer of professional and general liability coverage for not-for-profit hospitals in Missouri
- Medical Liability Alliance – the largest Missouri-based writer of professional liability coverage of for-profit health care providers in Missouri, Illinois, and Kansas
- Providers Insurance Consultants – a full-service property and casualty insurance agency specializing in placing insurance coverage for health care providers and institutions
- Healthcare Services Employee Benefits Consortium – a buying group of health care providers organized to leverage their collective size to reduce the cost of employee benefits, such health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement plans
- Hospital Association Trust – a self-insurance trust for hospital workers’ compensation insurance, risk management, and claims administration
- HSG Charitable Foundation – a charitable foundation built to fund health care programs that advance the quality of patient care, patient safety and community wellness
Created in 1999, The Health Alliance of MidAmerica is the first corporate affiliation between two state hospital associations, MHA and the Kansas Hospital Association. The Alliance was formed to create synergy and member value, enhance association effectiveness, and leverage association resources.
Midwest Transplant Network is a federally certified, not-for-profit Organ Procurement Organization located in Kansas City, Mo., that works with donors, donor families, and hospitals, serving Kansas and western Missouri communities.
MidAmerica Transplant Services is a federally certified, not-for-profit Organ Procurement Organization located in St. Louis that works with donors, donor families, and hospitals, serving eastern Missouri, southern Illinois, and northeast Arkansas.