Institutional membership is available to hospitals that provide diagnosis or treatment of persons. There are two categories of institutional memberships.
Category 1 institutional membership covers all Missouri hospitals. It is composed of three specific types.
- Type A — General and specialty hospitals licensed or eligible for state licensure as hospitals, which primarily provide care for persons who normally require a relatively short period of hospitalization.
- Type B — Hospitals owned or operated by the U.S. government located in Missouri and in states adjacent to Missouri, or owned or operated by Missouri state government that do not or cannot qualify for membership under Type A.
- Type C — Hospitals in states adjacent to Missouri that pay full institutional dues.
Category 2 institutional membership covers all organizations that are in the process of constructing a new hospital.
Privileges for Institutional Members:
- advocacy and representation in the Missouri legislature
- access to a series of educational seminars throughout the state, including MHA’s Annual Convention & Trade Show for all organization employees
- access to the members-only section of MHA’s website
- networking opportunities through district council meetings and conventions
- access to publications, including MHA Today and Today’s Headlines
- status as a voting member of the association