COVID-19 vaccines are arriving regularly in Missouri, and the state’s vaccination plan is being implemented. MHA has compiled the following resources to help hospitals navigate their pivotal role as vaccinators.
Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
To reach vaccine hesitant individuals throughout the country, the Ad Council and COVID Collaborative revealed the platform for their COVID-19 Vaccine Education Initiative, “It’s Up To You.” The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provided scientific guidance on all aspects of the campaign, and its brand, along with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, will be reflected on creative assets. Creative assets in English and Spanish will appear nationwide across broadcast TV, digital, radio, out-of-home and social media, and in partnership with a wide range of organizations to inform the development and distribution of culturally resonant content for Black and Hispanic audiences. Organizations are welcome to participate.
Communicating With Patients and the Public
COVID-19 vaccines are arriving regularly in Missouri, and the state’s vaccination plan is being implemented. Although health care workers are among the top-tier eligible targets for vaccination, it is important to have a plan for addressing the public questions. Hospitals have a role in educating the communities we serve about the vaccine and vaccination efforts.
- DHSS: Missouri Plain Language Guide for People with Disabilities, their Families and Caregivers (June 7, 2021)
- NASEM: Understanding and Communicating about COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy, Effectiveness and Equity (April 2021)
- HRSA: COVID-19 Care for Uninsured Individuals – Vaccine Fact Sheet for Patients
- MOStopsCOVID: Resources for Missouri Seniors and Homebound Adults
- DHSS: Missouri Vaccine Navigator
- CDC: Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People (March 8, 2021)
- National Academies: Strategies for Building Confidence in the COVID-19 Vaccines (Feb. 3, 2021)
- de Beaumont: Language that Works to Improve Vaccine Acceptance — Communications Cheat Sheet
- MHA: Sample Letter from Hospitals to the Community
- MHA: Poll: Missourians’ Attitudes on COVID-19 Vaccination and Distribution (Jan. 11, 2021)
- MHA: Do’s and Don’ts for People Seeking the COVID-19 Vaccine (January 2021)
- CDC: Engaging in Effective COVID-19 Vaccine Conversations
Click image to download.
MHA has created a variety of COVID-19 vaccine-related social media assets. The first set of assets includes ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ related to the COVID-19 vaccine. And because trust in the vaccine will be paramount to public vaccination efforts, the ‘Building Trust’ assets can help start a dialog by using testimonials from trusted community members. Consider integrating social media graphics using real photos endorsing the vaccine.
Preview and download the options below, or contact Brian McGeorge for help customizing these resources. Additional assets will be added as they are available.
Facts Graphics + Social Messaging
Communicating With Health Care Providers
Additional Tools & Education
- CMS: COVID-19 Partner Resources
- Vaccine Prioritization Contiguous State Comparison (Excel)
- ASPR TRACIE: Topic Collection: COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
MHA On-Demand Education
(MHA Member Resources)
View MHA’s on-demand education related to COVID-19 vaccines.