Staff Contact: Andrew Wheeler
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services released the calendar year 2022 outpatient prospective payment system and ambulatory surgical center payment system proposed rule. Comments about the proposed rule will be due 60 days after publication within the Federal Register. MHA published an issue brief with additional information. The major proposals include the following.
- increased penalties for hospitals not in compliance with the hospital price transparency regulations
- request for information on guidelines surrounding the Rural Emergency Hospital program
- request for comments about making certain temporary COVID-19 public health emergency policies permanent
- continuation of the reduced 340B payment policy of ASP minus 22.5%
- continuation of using a physician fee schedule equivalent payment rate for certain hospital outpatient department visit services
- proposals related to the Radiation Oncology Model