Hospital Improvement Innovation Network
Hospital Improvement Innovation Network builds upon the collective momentum of
the Hospital Engagement Networks and Quality Improvement Organizations to
reduce patient harm and readmissions. This is part of a broader effort to
transform our health care system into one that works better for the American
people and for the Medicare program.
Since 2011, the Missouri HEN has resulted in more than 10,600 harms prevented and $98.4 million saved for participating Missouri hospitals. Of MHA participating hospitals recently surveyed, 100 percent indicated HEN work either was directly responsible, or a contributor to, improved quality and safety within their organization. Some of the greatest benefits of the Missouri HEN projects were listed as:
- With the HEN, we have created a safer environment for our patients.
- The HEN project offers guidance, tools and resources to be successful within your organization.
- The multitudes of information available and assistance through MHA and other hospitals.
- The educational opportunities are instrumental.
- The ideas generated from HEN were implementable without huge investments of money.
The HRET HIIN will work to reduce overall hospital-acquired conditions by 20 percent and 30-day hospital readmissions by 12 percent, building on the success of the Partnership for Patients Hospital Engagement Networks and Quality Improvement Organizations.