As COVID-19 infections steadily rise throughout our communities, it’s more important than ever for all Missourians to practice preventive measures to stop the spread — wear a mask, wash your hands, social distance and don’t gather in large groups.
The Coalition for Healthy Missouri Communities is a group of like-minded organizations uniting from all areas of industry in efforts to keep Missouri’s health care system stable, essential workers safe and Missouri’s businesses open. We do this best by taking personal responsibility to protect our friends, family and neighbors from COVID-19.
The approaching holiday season reminds us about the importance of sacrifice and love of community — all values that are traditionally associated with the Show-Me State. As we head into the winter months, and cold and flu season, it’s imperative that we take the health of ourselves and others, seriously. Practicing preventive measures consistently, statewide, will help keep hospitals from being overwhelmed and remain safe places for patients to receive both routine and emergency care.
We’ll get through this, together.
Public Awareness Campaign
Organizations and individuals interested in protecting Missouri communities from the spread of COVID-19 are encouraged to download campaign resources and share broadly throughout internal and external media channels. MHA will continue to update this web page with information, assets and ideas on how to participate. If your organization would like to join the coalition, contact Mary Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spanish versions of radio also are available.
Below are two examples of the digital ads. Additional sizes and elements are available.
Resources on Masking Effectiveness
- American Society For Microbiology: Effectiveness of Face Masks in Preventing Airborne Transmission of SARS-CoV-2
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- Live Science: Visualization Shows Exactly How Face Masks Stop COVID-19 Transmission
- Mayo Clinic: Mayo Clinic Research Confirms Critical Role of Masks in Preventing COVID-19 Infection
- Springer Link: Masks Do More Than Protect Others During COVID-19: Reducing the Inoculum of SARS-CoV-2 to Protect the Wearer
- University of California San Francisco: Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus